Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rejoice, Rejoice

I don't know about this blogging thing. I just don't feel like I have anything to say. Not that anyone is listening anyway. And just how DO you get people to even see your blog? Tell them... really? Real live human people? As opposed to those faceless, real-nameless people that reside in my computer? I just don't think I can. Anyway, I am finding it very hard to REJOICE today. I hurt. All my fibro places are screaming, SCREAMING, to be first and foremost in my life today. And boy#1 headed back to college for the semester today. Boy#2 had a really hard day emotionally... middle school so stinks a lot of the time... and two of the moms/kids I've met through the online Crohn's Disease community are having major medical crisises. I feel so bad for them and once again I feel like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop with my own little Crohnie. I know I should 'rejoice in all things' and 'count it all joy' and the like. I just don't know how. I keep asking God how. I guess I am being impatient.

O come, O come, Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. :) "Funny" that you clicked on my blog which I called "Do I have anything to say?" back in 2007 when I started it for the same reasons you wrote in your first couple of sentences of this post! After posting over 1000 times, I guess I found things to say...even if most of the time it is for my benefit only :)

    Sorry you were/are struggling to "rejoice", but I think that's the "beauty" of picking a challenging word like that to focus on each and every day...even if today the only thing you know you can "rejoice" is in the knowledge that there will come a day with no more suffering, no more tears, no more sadness...and hope for something else to find to "rejoice" in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete